Sunday, February 13, 2011

Career Interview

Today I will interview Margaret Albright.
(Freelance Web Developer and Internet Marketing Entrepreneur)

Margaret Albright has been successfully working online for several years now and she claims to know what she is doing.
Margaret has built many affiliate marketing websites, some of which she has sold for profit. Margaret Albright has built and administrates several membership websites which offers her some residual income.

Margaret's Ultimate Membership Site teaches others how to do what she does, however time restraints do not allow for her to offer the support needed for any new members on that one particular site, so it had to be closed to any new members.

Today Margaret focuses most of her attention on the many other websites she has built; websites that teach people how to make money online.

Rory:    Margaret; will you describe a typical day at work?

Margaret:    I get up and have some coffee, Open my laptop and check my emails. I answer any support emails I may have received. Then I eat breakfast take a shower, etc. Next I add content to any site that needs to be updated. I have a lot of free time in the afternoon to do more web stuff or just relax. At the end of the day I must check again for support questions and answer them. Before I stop working for the day I backup any new content to my portable hard drive. I also back up all my databases each night.


Margaret uses ftp protocol to upload all new content to update her databases. She also uses a Microsoft program called "FrontPage" to add content to her websites. To communicate with her customers she uses SMTP protocol from her email client Gmail; from Google.


Rory:    How many hours do you work in a typical day?

Margaret:    8 to 10

Rory:    What do you consider the best part of your job?

Margaret:    The freedom

Rory:    What are the downsides to your job?

Margaret:    No one thinks I am working so they ask me to run errands, etc. Since I am home, doing nothing, I may as well help them.

Rory:     What made you decide to pick this career path? Are you glad that you did?

Margaret:    I wanted to own my own business and not have to answer to anyone but myself. I am very glad I did.

Rory:    What is your education level?

Margaret:    Business Management and Accounting, associate degrees. I am also a Dale Carnegie graduate.

Rory:    Would you consider working for a company or doing any other freelance work?

Margaret:    I would not consider working for another company. I have my freedom and plan to keep it. I prefer to only work for myself. I am a good boss and therefore I am able to do exactly what I want to do.

Rory:    In what ways can someone view examples of your work?

Margaret:    MyInstant.biz is my best work. I have helped many people build online businesses with this site.
AllNaturalCures.net is another good example although I do not own that site anymore so there may be some changes to my original design and content.

Rory:     If there were some things in your line of work that you could improve upon by obtaining more education what do you like to learn?

Margaret:    I wish I had a better education in php, java script and perl.
I am completely self-taught in all my programming.
A formal education would absolutely make a lot of my programming easier.

Rory:    If you had a word of advice for me about working in web development and the internet marketing industry what would it be?

Margaret:    It is a fascinating field and the sky is the limit. There are so many options available to you in this field. Learn all you can and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment